In this tutorial we have created build Pipeline which is the process to automate the all the possible task which you want to run before your code gets deployed to server, such as if you want to make sure that before committing anything to server test cases are always passed then you can create the task in the build definition and this task in Build Pipeline will automatically be executed and you will be notified if any of the task is failed.
BUILD PIPELINE IN AZURE DEVOPS(VSTS) WHERE ALL CUSTOM VALIDATION CAN BE ADDED WHICH WILL AUTOMATICALLY WILL BE EXECUTED WITH EVERY COMMIT
BUILD PIPELINE ALWAYS MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WE HAVE ON SERVER IS IN ALL WORKING SHAPE
Build Pipeline in Azure DevOps tutorial What is covered :
- We have created one demo project in visual studio 2017
- We have added xUnit test cases in this project
- Then we have configured this with vsts (Azure Devops) added the repo over there
- Then we have created the Build Pipeline and we have seen this build pipeline is getting executed whenever there is any commit.
- Then we forcefully failed our one of test cases and tried to commit the code for release pipeline and we have successfully seen the Build Pipeline failur message.
- Also we have seen how we raise the pull request for another developer to review where he can either reject the pull request with comments or approve the request.
- After approval code automatically goes into the test envirornment using Release Pipeline which we have setup already.
How to create the build Pipeline to implement the CICD has explained here with live example, in case of any query or comments kindly let me know. we have used the azure vsts here to implement this, we added some sort of test cases here as well in order to understand the practical need of cicd and how we can implement the build pipeline or CICD in our project. #buildPipeline #CICD #AzureDevops #VSTS #ContinuousIntegration #devOps
We have also explained what is Release Pipeline, Continuous Deployment in Azure Devops VSTS please refere here
Release Pipeline Continuous Integration in Azure Devops CICD